Delaware Continuing Education Requirements:
|Total Hours||Mandatory||Elective Hours|
|LICENSE RENEWAL PERIOD: 2 YEARS|
Delaware Continuing Education Packages
|Total Hours||Elective Hours||Mandatory Hours||Price||Add To Cart|
Delaware Requirement Details for Real Estate Continuing Education
Continuing Education and License Renewal Date: 4/30 of every even-numbered year
Use this chart to determine how much CE you must complete for your first renewal as a Broker, Associate Broker or Salesperson in Delaware.
- This chart applies to your first renewal as a Broker or Associate Broker even when you were previously a Delaware-licensed Salesperson.
- This chart does not apply to your first renewal as a Broker or Associate Broker when you changed broker type (that is, from Broker to Associate Broker or vice versa) during the previous two years. In this situation, the amount of required CE is the same as if you had not changed from one broker type to the other.
|IF the issue date of your license was…||THEN you must complete…|
|before 5/1/2018||21 hours|
|5/1/2018 through 10/31/2018||18 hours|
|11/1/2018 through 4/30/2019||12 hours|
|5/1/2019 through 10/31/2019||6 hours|
|11/1/2019 through 4/30/2020||0 hours|
Required Content for First Renewal:
- If you are a newly-licensed Broker or Associate Broker or if you are a Salesperson licensed by reciprocity, the content of your CE must be based on the required Module Course Contents.
- If you are a newly-licensed Salesperson who was not previously licensed in another jurisdiction, the content of your CE must meet the following requirements:
- You must complete the four Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules, totaling 12 CE hours, within the first 12 months after your license is issued. These 12 hours will be applied to the required amount of CE hours based on the chart above.
- If your CE requirement is 21 hours based on the chart above, you must complete core modules 1, 5, and 6 listed in Module Course Contents.These three modules are in addition to the required four Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules that you must complete in your first 12 months of licensure.
- If your CE requirement is 18 hours based on the chart above, you must complete any two of core modules 1, 5 or 6 listed in Module Course Contents. These two modules are in addition to the required four Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules that you must complete in your first 12 months of licensure.
- If your CE requirement is 12 or 6 hours based on the chart above, you will meet your CE requirement by completing Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules.
- 3 hours in Module 1 (agency and fair housing)
- 3 hours in Module 2 (professional standards)
- 3 hours in Module 3 (real estate documents)
- 3 hours in Module 4 (office management)
- 3 hours in Module 5 (legislative issues)
- 3 hours in Module 6 (practices of real estate)
- 3 hours in Module 7 (electives)
Seat time: The Delaware Real Estate Commission requires that all students spend a minimum amount of seat time engaged in the course content. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
The CE Shop's Offering: 21 hours
Reporting: Real estate course completions are reported to the Delaware Real Estate Commission. The state requires schools to report course completions within seven to ten days from the course completion date. Course completions will be reported within this time frame. The Commission does not post CE credits to the licensees account. It is the responsibility of the licensee to ensure that they have completed the continuing education requirement.
Expiration Date of Course: Course expiration dates vary by course but are generally one year after order date. Each course has an individual expiration date which is listed in your account.
Final Exams: Final exams must be passed with at least a 80% and may be taken as many times as necessary in order to pass.
Certificates: Upon completion of the course, The CE Shop will provide students with an electronic Certificate of Completion. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies. Please refer to your license renewal application to determine if you need to submit your Certificate of Completion with your license renewal request. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date of your Certificate of Completion will reflect this.
License Renewal Process: The process to renew a license in Delaware is to log in to the licensing system online and follow the prompts to renew.