Terms and Conditions
Maryland Specific Terms and Conditions
The above are contained in the attached two links:
In the event that the terms and conditions of the Catalog and the Enrollment Agreement differ from the The CE Shop General Terms and Conditions provided below, the Terms and Conditions of the Catalog and the Enrollment Agreement shall prevail.
Texas Specific Terms and Conditions
The above is contained in the attached link:
In the event that the terms and conditions of the Catalog and the Enrollment Agreement differ from the The CE Shop General Terms and Conditions provided below, the Terms and Conditions of the Catalog and the Enrollment Agreement shall prevail.
The CE Shop General Terms and Conditions
Welcome to The CE Shop, Inc. ("The CE Shop"). By using the website www.TheCEShop.com or a similar web site managed by The CE Shop for our various co-brand partners ("Website"), you consent, without limitation or qualification, to the following terms and conditions of use. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using or purchasing from the Website. The CE Shop may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Because you are bound by any revisions to these Terms and Conditions, you should periodically revisit this page to review the most current Terms and Conditions by which you are bound.
CE Hours or Not for Credit Hours
Where a course (or courses) is approved for state CE credit, the hours of approval will be reflected under the "Elective" or "Mandatory/Core" column headings in the respective catalog it was ordered from. If there are hours listed ONLY in the "Total" column, the course does NOT carry any CE credit.
The CE Shop, Inc., 5670 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 420, Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111.
The CE Shop Guarantee (General Refund Policy)
The CE Shop is committed to student satisfaction. If for any reason you are unsatisfied, The CE Shop will refund the purchase of any course(s), as long as the request for the refund is submitted before the course expires, within 30 days of purchase, and the course(s) is not more than 50% completed. Regarding Pre-Licensing Courses, The CE Shop guarantees that you will pass the state licensing exam or you are entitled to your money back. To obtain a refund of the purchase price of the Pre-Licensing course in the event that you do not pass your state licensing exam, you will be required to agree to the terms of and submit the affidavit. Please contact our office at 1.888.827.0777 or Support@TheCEShop.com for refund or credit hour requests. Partial credit is not given for any course.
Promotional codes must be applied at checkout. No refund for a promotional code/discount will be granted after checkout. To obtain your discount, you must enter the promotional code in the box under your total at checkout and click the "Apply Discount" button, which will then subtract your discount from the total amount due. Promotional codes are not eligible for use in conjunction with payment plans.
Continuing Education and Post-Licensing Education:
Except as modified for North Carolina, Oklahoma, Washington, D.C., and Iowa as provided below, Continuing Education and Post-Licensing course(s) must be completed within 12 months from the time of purchase. If the course is not completed within that 12-month period or other period as provided below for North Carolina, Oklahoma, Washington, D.C., and Iowa, the student will be required to purchase a new course at 50% of the current retail price of the new course and fully complete the new course, including the final exam, if the student wants credit for the new course;
Except as modified for North Carolina, Oklahoma, Washington, D.C., and Iowa as provided below, the following applies: Pre-Licensing courses expire 6 months after the date of purchase. The student will be granted a one-month extension at no charge, said one-month free extension to be applied immediately after the initial 6-month term. For any reactivation or extension of the course after the 7th month, The CE Shop will charge the student 20% of the current retail price of the course for each 30-day extension or partial 30-day extension in the event that the course finally terminates before the end of the final 30-day extension. Extensions or reactivations cannot be granted beyond 12 months from the purchase of the course since, in all events, the course terminates 12 months after purchase.
If the course is not completed within 12 months of the date of purchase or other period as provided below for North Carolina, Oklahoma, Washington, D.C., and Iowa, the student will be required to purchase a new course at 50% of the current retail price of the new course and fully complete the new course, including the final exam, if the student wants credit for the new course;
Regarding North Carolina, Oklahoma, Washington, D.C., and Iowa, please see the following:
NORTH CAROLINA provides that a student shall not register for any course between June 11 and June 30, inclusive, of any approval period. Further, a student shall complete the course within 30 days of the date of registration for the course but in no event later than June 10 of that approval period. In other words, if you purchase a North Carolina course, it will expire 30 days from time of registration or by June 10 of that approval period, whichever occurs first.
OKLAHOMA provides that a course must be completed within 6 months from the time of enrollment.
WASHINGTON, D.C. provides that a course must be completed within 3 months from the time of enrollment.
IOWA provides that a course must be completed within 6 months from the time of enrollment.
Technical System Requirements
The CE Shop courses are delivered through a secure and proprietary Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS is accessible online through common internet browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. An internet connection is required (high speed is recommended but not required).
Enrollments are accepted via our school website at http://www.TheCEShop.com/ or by phone at 1.888.827.0777. The CE Shop does not discriminate based on race, sex, religion, ethnic origin, or disability.
Students shall spend any state required seat time in the course material. In states that require monitored seat time, the system will display the time the student is required to spend in the course prior to receiving credit for the course.
In addition to the above, the below provided states have specific completion requirements:
- ALASKA real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 10 course hours in a 24-hour period.
- ARIZONA real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 9 course hours in a day.
- CALIFORNIA real estate licensees are limited to completion of final examinations for a maximum of 15 credit hours during any one 24-hour period. A maximum of 8 hours reading/study time per day shall be used in calculating the number of days that must lapse from the time the participant has had access to the course material until the examination can be accessed (e.g., if 8 credit hours have already been started and the final exam completed in a 24-hour period, the final exam for an additional course will not be available until the next 24-hour period). Students must spend the requisite number of hours navigating through the content and completing the incremental assessments prior to being granted access to the final examination (e.g., for a 3 credit course, a minimum of 3 hours must elapse and all unit quizzes must be complete before the final exam can be accessed).
- COLORADO, NEVADA, NORTH DAKOTA, and UTAH real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 8 course hours in a 24-hour period.
- MINNESOTA real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 8 course hours (classroom, distance or internet) in a 24-hour day.
- TEXAS real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 10 course hours in a day. The CE Shop will not award the student credit for the course earlier than 24 hours after the student starts the course and after the student completes the course requirements for credit.
Except or as modified in those states provided below, the follow set of terms apply to exams:
- Exams are presented at the conclusion of each unit, with a varying number of questions depending on the amount of content contained in each unit. Unit exams can be retaken as many times as necessary.
- Exams are presented at the conclusion of each course, with a varying number of questions depending on the amount of content contained in the course. Except as provided in the states below, students may take the examination as many times as necessary to achieve a passing score and demonstrate mastery of the material.
- Students must achieve a minimum score as specified in the exam instructions to receive credit for the unit and course.
- Students will not be able to proceed with reading materials in the next units until previous exams are successfully completed and passed.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, in cases where a minimum passing score is regulated and the student fails, The CE Shop will allow students to re-enroll in a course to start over at no additional charge. Re-enrollment requests can be made by contacting Customer Support at 888.827.0777.
- If the state requires the final course exam to be proctored, unless otherwise specified, students will be required to use our electronic proctoring solution. Students will need to schedule an appointment with an online proctor in advance. Full details of the proctoring process can be accessed here. Upon passing the final course exam, the student and the proctor must sign an affidavit verifying student identity as the student who completed the course and the final course exam.
The following states have rules that are different than, or have modified, the above:
- NEVADA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students have a maximum of 60 seconds per true/false question and 1.5 minutes per multiple-choice question to answer the question.
- CALIFORNIA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students have a maximum of 60 seconds per multiple-choice question to answer the question. Two (2) attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-enroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- ILLINOIS CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students must take their final exam for a course in the presence of an approved proctor. Two (2) attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-enroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- KENTUCKY CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed two (2) attempts to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-enroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- IDAHO CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed two (2) attempts to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-enroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- WEST VIRGINIA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students must take their final exam in a paper format (not online). Two (2) attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-enroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- FLORIDA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed one (1) attempt to pass the final exam with a passing score of 80%. If the student does not pass in the first attempt, the student will be required to re-enroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- FLORIDA Post-Licensing FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed two (2) attempts to pass the final exam with a passing score of 75%. Licensees must wait at least 30 days and no more than 1 year after failing the final exam before making a second attempt. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- GEORGIA Post-Licensing FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students must take their Post-Licensing final exam in the presence of an approved proctor. Two (2) attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-enroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- PRE-LICENSING FINAL EXAM POLICY: Except as otherwise provided below for those states that permit unlimited attempts for the final pre-licensing exm, two attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to reenroll (at no cost) and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course. Students must take their pre-licensing final exam in the presence of an approved proctor, where required by state rules. States with unlimited final exam attempts include:
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
The CE Shop does provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities. For the full terms and conditions regarding this policy, please contact The CE Shop Customer Support team.
Attendance and Progress Policy
Students must complete 100% of the learning material of a course and demonstrate mastery of the learning material to receive credit hours for the course. Students not completing 100% of the material will not be issued Certificates of Completion to receive credit hours for a course. Students must spend a minimum of 50 minutes (60 minutes in some states)/per hour of approved credit in the learning management system. Example: for a 6 credit hour course, a student must be actively engaged in the course for 300 minutes (6 X 50 minutes). Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, The CE Shop does not grant extensions for courses and does not have a probation policy in place for courses.
All students are expected to act maturely and are required to respect other students, faculty members, and employees of The CE Shop. Possession of weapons, illegal drugs, and alcohol of any kind are not allowed at any time on The CE Shop property. Any violation of school policies may result in permanent dismissal from the school.
Any student may be dismissed for violations of rules and regulations of the school, as set forth herein. The President of The CE Shop, after consultation with all parties involved, makes the final decision. Where appropriate, the President of The CE Shop will review each case and decide whether to grant re-admittance.
For all The CE Shop courses, credits from another institution cannot be combined with those earned through The CE Shop. It is the responsibility of the student to determine if courses taken through other institutions are acceptable for credit. The CE Shop does not guarantee the transferability of its credits to any other institution unless there is a written agreement with another institution. Presently, there are no such agreements in place.
Pennsylvania The CE Shop Students
Should you have a complaint, please call the PA Bureau toll-free telephone number, 800.822.2113 to obtain information about filing a complaint against the real estate education provider.
Post CE Course Completion
Except as modified by the states provided below, once courses are completed, students must “certify” that they were the student/licensee who completed the coursework. This is accomplished by entering the username and password that the student created at the time of enrollment. A mandated course and instructor evaluation is also presented at this time to the student. Once certification has taken place, the student’s Certificate of Completion is sent to the customer via an automated email and is also stored in the student's online account for a minimum of five years unless otherwise stated. Any exceptions to these rules will be provided to you in the state requirement details, email instructions, and/or course orientation and completion slides.
- WEST VIRGINIA requires a notarized signature instead of the electronic signature The CE Shop has in place for most states. The system will provide you with a form providing a place for a notarized signature each time you complete a course. It is your responsibility to return the original completed form and completed final exam to The CE Shop in a timely manner. Please mail to The CE Shop, Inc, 5670 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 420, Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111. The CE Shop is not able to issue your Certificate of Completion for a course until it receives the original form, the final exam for grading, and you have passed the exam.
- ARKANSAS requires the last 4 digits of every student's social security number in the event that the Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education requests student transcripts.
It is the responsibility of the student to provide The CE Shop with the student's correct and complete real estate license number and correct and complete first and last name as is currently on record with the entity that issued the student's license. The CE Shop will not be responsible or liable for any disciplinary action by any regulatory entity including, but not limited to, late/ reinstatement fees or changes in license status to the licensee as a result of incorrect license information provided by the student.
All Rights Reserved. All course materials offered by The CE Shop are copyrighted by either The CE Shop or its licensed content providers. No part of The CE Shop's course content may be reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, sold, published, broadcasted or circulated, including to individuals in the same company or organization, without the express written consent of The CE Shop. Course content shipped in paper book formats or received electronically via the Internet may be displayed or printed for your personal, non-commercial use only. Purchase of a course includes a license for one person to use the course materials for a period of 12 months from the date of shipment or activation unless otherwise stated. It is not permissible to distribute files containing course materials or printed versions of course materials to individuals who have not purchased the course(s) without the express written consent from The CE Shop. It is also not permissible to make the course materials available to others over a computer network, Intranet, Internet, or any other storage, transmittal, or retrieval system without the express written consent of The CE Shop.
The CE Shop and its authors and publishers are not engaged in the rendering of legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice. If professional advice is required, you should seek the services of a competent advisor. Further, while The CE Shop provides packages and courses designed to meet the licensees' needs, IT IS SOLELY THE LICENSEES' RESPONSIBILITY to ensure they have ordered and completed the correct number and type (mandatory/elective) of hours to renew their license by their state deadline. By purchasing from The CE Shop, you hereby agree to hold harmless and release The CE Shop, and its directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or loss or damage based on, or in any way related to, the above in any form or fashion, The CE Shop's course content or The CE Shop's providing of the course content.
For Informational Purposes Only
The content on The CE Shop Website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Products and services offered by The CE Shop are not available in all states or license types. The CE Shop does not guarantee that the information on The CE Shop will be accurate, complete, or current. The Website may also contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The CE Shop will, from time to time, revise the information, products, and services described on The CE Shop Website and The CE Shop reserves the right to make such changes at any time without notice.
At no time will The CE Shop sell any personal information we receive from you. The CE Shop may provide your information to your referral source in the event that you were referred to The CE Shop from a third party. From time to time, The CE Shop may send you advertising and other information about products or services related to your profession and/or products or services The CE Shop may be offering. By using The CE Shop Website, you agree to the collection and use of your information by The CE Shop.
Links to Other Internet Sites
It is your responsibility to scan any and all downloaded materials received from the Internet. The CE Shop shall not be responsible or liable for any damage caused by viruses or related hazards, whether or not that virus or hazard resulted from a visit to The CE Shop Website. You, and not The CE Shop, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repairs, or correction related to computer viruses.
The CE Shop takes standard precautions in seeking to ensure that its systems are secure and that they meet industry standards, including the application of firewalls for its Internet-based systems. When appropriate, The CE Shop employs the use of encryption technologies, user authentication systems (e.g., passwords and personal identification numbers) and access control mechanisms. With that said, The CE Shop does not guarantee that your information is safe from an attack on its systems. By purchasing from The CE Shop, you hereby agree to hold harmless and release The CE Shop, and its directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or loss or damage based on, or in any way related to, the above in any form or fashion.
Information Provided "As Is"
THE COURSES PROVIDED BY THE CE SHOP AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE CE SHOP WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE CE SHOP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE CE SHOP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE ACCESS TO THE CE SHOP WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THAT THE MATERIALS AND/OR COURSES CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE CE SHOP WEBSITE OR SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Limitation of Damages
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE CE SHOP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS AND/OR COURSES ON THE CE SHOP WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE CE SHOP OR AN AUTHORIZED AGENT OR BROKER, CONTRACTOR, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE/EMPLOYEE OF THE CE SHOP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. If applicable law does not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability or certain categories of damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you and the applicable law shall govern. In no event, however, shall The CE Shop's total liability to you for all damages, losses, or causes of action exceed the amount paid by you to The CE Shop in the last 12-month period.
Other Terms & Conditions
You agree that The CE Shop has the right to terminate your account at any time if The CE Shop has reason to believe that your account is being fraudulently accessed for unauthorized reasons. If you have questions concerning any of The CE Shop's Terms and Conditions, please feel free to contact The CE Shop by calling The CE Shop's Customer Service Department at 1.888.827.0777 or by sending an email to Support@TheCEShop.com.
As you browse websites, online ad networks working with The CE Shop, Inc., may place anonymous cookies on your computer, and use similar technologies, in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities, and thus tailor more relevant ads to you. If you do not wish to receive such tailored advertising, you can visit the pages below to opt out.
The CE Shop may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies help to carry out transactions or requests initiated by you. Examples include, but are not limited to, remembering information provided by you as you complete your transaction or courses on the site and managing your logged-in status during your user sessions.
- Functional Cookies
Functional cookies allow the site to remember choices you have made. Functional cookies allow the site to remember your specific settings, such as your state and license type and items that have been placed in your cart.
- Analytic Cookies
Analytic cookies allow us to collect data relating to your use of our website, including the content on which you click while shopping on the site and completing your courses. These cookies are used to improve the performance and design of the website. These cookies may be provided by a third-party analytic tool(s) but are only used for purposes related to our website.
- Targeting Cookies
Targeting cookies remember information regarding your use of the website so we can serve promotional and other targeted information to you.
Each type of web browser offers ways to restrict and delete cookies. For more information on how to manage cookies at the various web browsers, visit the appropriate link below.