Washington Post-Licensing COURSE
Keeping it Honest: Understanding Real Estate and Mortgage Fraud
Fraud has become a major issue in the industry. Lawbreakers use real estate as a vehicle to steal the life savings of unsuspecting homeowners and defraud lenders out of millions of dollars for their own gain. Federal, state, and local governments have taken steps to combat real estate fraud, but it remains a major problem—one you need to have a solid understanding of to ensure you're able to shield your clients and yourself from being defrauded or unknowingly committing fraud.
Keeping It Honest: Understanding Real Estate and Mortgage Fraud has been updated to discuss the latest fraudulent schemes and explain recent government initiatives aimed at stopping fraud and protecting consumers.
- Fraud and its impact on the real estate industry
- The newest and most prevalent types of fraudulent schemes
- Red flag behaviors that suggest someone is engaging in fraud
- RHow to report fraudulent or suspected fraudulent activities to the proper authorities
- Key government initiatives aimed at stopping fraud and protecting consumers
- Activities and scenarios to provide real-world context for course content