Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
2 Hr. Virginia Fair Housing
The real estate profession is dynamic and related legislative, legal, and business practices adapt in response to the rapidly evolving business environment. Virginia’s recent legislative session resulted in statutory changes that may impact your everyday real estate practice.
This two-hour course also helps reduce risk for consumers in real estate transactions, because licensees equipped with the most up-to-date state practices will help guide consumers through their real estate transactions with expertise and confidence as well as meet the state’s regulatory and licensing requirements.
Course highlights include:
- Updates to licensing laws related to business continuity and unlicensed assistants
- The impact of incomplete homeowners association and condominium resale documents
- Revised disclosures, including mold, mineral rights, Special Flood Hazard Areas, and stormwater
- Rules relating to landlord access during pandemic
- Rent reservation and right of redemption changes (HB 1889
- How someone making solicitation calls on a licensee’s behalf can create liability for the licensee
- A program addressing eviction issues in the state
- The addition of accessible parking to reasonable accommodation vs modification
- Legal changes related to unlawful detainer appeal bonds and hearings
- Property management updates, including lease agreements and renter’s insurance
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts