Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
Supervision Requirements and Board Regulations in Virginia
While sponsored licensees are the lifeblood of any brokerage, they also pose the greatest risk. Appropriate supervision is a broker’s best risk management strategy, and it’s also a requirement of the role. This two-hour required course will cover the broker’s role in supervising licensees and employees to comply with the Real Estate Board regulations, and the importance of creating and communicating policies and procedures for approved activities.
Through effective supervision, brokers can ensure their associated licensees comply with real estate rules and regulations to better safeguard public interest and ensure clients receive professional service.
Course highlights include:
- An overview of the broker-licensee relationship
- A review of five broker roles in Virginia
- Licensee affiliation and license maintenance
- How to avoid treating independent contractors like employees
- Escrow fund handling, account establishment and maintenance, and record keeping
- Establishing and enforcing brokerage policies and procedures
- Prohibited acts and penalties for violating Virginia license law
- Real-world scenarios to help apply concepts learned