Minnesota Continuing Education COURSE
Ethical Excellence: Raising the Bar
There’s a reason real estate agents often rank among the least trusted professionals in the U.S. But what can you do to improve the public’s perception? And what should you do when you run into an ethical dilemma or into a licensee who’s not behaving ethically? As a real estate professional, you can help raise the bar and improve the reputation of the industry. You can lead by example.
Revised in January 2022 and designed to meet NAR Cycle 7 requirements, this course will empower you to recognize and respond to ethical dilemmas, inspiring consumer confidence. For answers, we’ll look to several articles of the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics, and draw from real-life ethical scenarios. In four short hours, you’ll be better prepared to exemplify the professionalism and cooperation that’s the true foundation of the real estate industry.
Course highlights include:
- Meets both regular ethics renewal requirements and new licensee ethics course requirements
- The importance of ethical behavior in NAR members and non-members alike, fostering a spirit of cooperation
- History and evolution of the Code, the preamble, and the Code’s influence on state licensing laws
- Structure of the Code
- Review and application of articles 1, 2, 3, 9, 12, 15, and 16 of the NAR Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Case studies of real-life ethical challenges
- Mediation and arbitration, with arbitration as the monetary dispute resolution process between REALTORS®
- Application of Article 17 of the NAR Code of Ethics to the complaints and hearing process
- Grievance committee vs. professional standards committee
- The ethical dilemmas presented by newer technologies
- Best practices for demonstrating ethical behavior every day
*This course was designed by us to meet the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training Requirement. Please confirm that your local association, who administers the Code of Ethics training, will accept this course.