Kentucky Post-Licensing COURSE
Appraisals and Home Inspections (PLE - Elective)
A real estate licensee is not an appraiser. But when a property appraises below the agreed upon sales price, it can seriously jeopardize a transaction. Therefore, it's important to understand the factors that influence appraisal value, and the methods of valuation used by appraisers. This course has you covered.
Your course also reviews the importance of the home inspection, roles and responsibilities related to home inspections, and conditions that can indicate structural, system, or property defects.
This course fulfills four hours of elective instruction on appraisals and home inspections for the Kentucky salesperson post-licensing requirements.
- Definition and purpose of an appraisal
- CMA vs. BPO vs. appraisal
- Valuation process of the USPAP
- Sales comparison, cost, and income approach to value
- Roles in property disclosure
- Purpose and process of the home inspection
- Material facts related to property condition and location
- Lot size, encroachments, easements
- Additions and alterations
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts