Kentucky Post-Licensing COURSE
Antitrust in Real Estate (PLE - Elective)
You might think antitrust pertains only to corporate giants such as Google and the Facebook. But real estate is vulnerable to antitrust violation in four areas: price fixing, group boycotting, tie-in arrangements, and market allocation. It's easy to innocently violate an area of antitrust law if you don't know better. This course will ensure you do know better, keeping you on the right side of the law.
This course fulfills 2 hours of elective instruction on antitrust for the Kentucky salesperson post-licensing requirements. This course reviews acts that define antitrust law and identifies common antitrust violations seen in the real estate industry.
- Federal antitrust law
- Regulatory oversight at the federal and state level
- Complaint process for antitrust
- Rule of reason vs. "per se" illegality
- Price fixing, group boycotting, market allocation, and tie-in arrangements
- Antitrust court cases
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts