In-Person Proctoring Instructions
FINAL EXAM IN-PERSON PROCTORING PROCESS
Let’s talk testing.
COURSE PRACTICE EXAM
At the end of each Pre-Licensing course, we offer a practice exam. You do not need a proctor for this. Our practice exam is here to give you an idea of the kinds of questions you’ll see on the actual final, and to help you identify areas that you need to brush up on before attempting the actual exam. You can re-take the course practice exam as many times as you need to pass, and we have set the passing score to be the same as the actual final exam.
COURSE FINAL EXAM
After you complete all the course materials, meet the minimum time requirement, and pass the practice exam, there is a course final exam.
- Must select from the approved proctor facilities.
- If you are located more than 50 miles from an approved proctor, contact Customer Service at 888.827.0777. Every attempt will be made to identify a suitable location within a reasonable amount of time.
- Closed book.
- Scratch paper is allowed.
- Simple calculator is allowed. You cannot use a smartphone or a calculator that includes an alphabet.
- Photo ID must be shown to proctor.
- All cell phones must be turned off and put away.
- The CE Shop does provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities. For the full terms and conditions regarding this policy, please see our ADA accommodations page.
- Complete seat time, course materials, and pass practice exams.
- Select a proctor from the approved list - if you live more than 50 miles away from the nearest proctor, please follow the proctor request procedure here.
- Contact the proctor to schedule an appointment to take the final exam.
- Pay any associated proctoring fees directly to the proctor.
- On the day of scheduled exam appointment:
- Arrive early
- Log in to the course and click on “Final Exam.”
- You will receive a prompt for the proctor code. Ask the proctor to enter their code.
- Complete the exam.
Additional state requirements are listed below.
In addition to the above information:
- Final exam must be taken on a computer that is not provided by the student; proctors will have computers available for students to complete final exam.
- The proctor will be required to complete the online affidavit prior to the start of the exam. You will be prompted to have the proctor complete this section.
- After a third failed exam, student will have to retake the course.
In addition to the above information, the proctor will be required to complete the online affidavit. At the end of your exam, you will be prompted to have the proctor complete this section.
In addition to the above information, all final exams must be taken with a proctor in the state of NY. There are no exceptions to this rule.