In-Person Proctoring Instructions
FINAL EXAM IN-PERSON PROCTORING PROCESS
Let’s talk testing.
COURSE PRACTICE EXAM
At the end of each Pre-Licensing course, we offer a practice exam. You do not need a proctor for this. Our practice exam is here to give you an idea of the kinds of questions you’ll see on the actual final, and to help you identify areas that you need to brush up on before attempting the actual exam. You can re-take the course practice exam as many times as you need to pass, and we have set the passing score to be the same as the actual final exam.
COURSE FINAL EXAM
After you complete all the course materials, meet the minimum time requirement, and pass the practice exam, there is a course final exam. You must take this in the presence of a proctor at a location. You’ll need to schedule an appointment with a proctor location in advance and you MUST select from the approved proctoring locations in the documents below.
Course Final Exam Details
- Closed book
- Scratch paper and calculator are allowed
- The calculator must be a simple one. You cannot use a smartphone or a calculator that includes an alphabet.
WHAT TO DO
- The state requires that your final course exam be proctored. Please select an approved proctor location for your state below. If you are located more than 50 miles from an approved proctor, please contact Customer Service at 888.827.0777. Every attempt will be made to identify a suitable location within a reasonable amount of time.
- Schedule an appointment to take your final exam.
- Pay any associated proctoring fees directly to the proctor.
- On the day of your scheduled appointment:
- Arrive early.
- Log in to the course and click on “Final Exam.”
- You will receive a prompt for the proctor code. Ask the proctor to enter their code.
- Complete the exam.
If you pass, you will complete an electronic affidavit and survey. We will issue you a Certificate of Completion.
If you fail, you will be able to retake the exam once. Schedule a new appointment with a proctor.
If you fail a second time, you will need to re-enroll in the course and complete all the materials again.
Please contact our Customer Service team at 888.827.0777 or email us at Support@TheCEShop.com with any questions.
For information about Minnesota proctoring, please click here.
Note: If you are located more than 50 miles from an approved proctor,
please contact Customer Service at 888.827.0777. Every attempt
will be made to identify a suitable location within a reasonable amount of time.