Virginia Post-Licensing COURSE
Virginia Post-Licensing: Risk Management
Even for newly licensed salespersons, the business of real estate carries risk. In residential real estate transactions, you're responsible for assisting clients in one of the largest purchases of their lives. Clients risk hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. With so much on the line, they rely on your expertise to help them make well-informed decisions. In addition, people invest not just their money in a real estate purchase; they invest their emotions and their family's well-being in these transactions. When things go wrong, they look to their real estate representative as the cause first.
The scope of risk can cover a variety of areas. Within Virginia Post-Licensing: Risk Management, we examine the risks involved in property disclosures, licensing, agency, contracts, antitrust, and fair housing. In addition, we look at how to manage these risks in comparison to the potential rewards you can achieve.
In Virginia, new salespersons must complete eight post-licensing courses on state-approved topics, adding up to 30 hours of education. Virginia Post-Licensing: Risk Management is one of eight courses offered by The CE Shop to fulfill the state's post-licensing requirements.
- How to account for and mitigate the probability of risk in your day-to-day business dealings
- Tips for identifying common high-risk areas.
- Specific strategies you can adopt to minimize your and your clients' exposure to risk
- Risk-reduction techniques for your office, business, and long-term career development
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts