Oklahoma Continuing Education COURSE
Ethics at Work
This 3-hour course will empower licensees to recognize and respond to ethical dilemmas, inspiring consumer confidence. For answers to ethical dilemmas, we’ll look to several articles of the NAR Code of Ethics and draw from real-life ethical scenarios. After completing this course, licensees will be better prepared to exemplify the professionalism and cooperation that’s the true foundation of the real estate industry.
Course highlights include:
- Meets both regular ethics renewal requirements and new licensee ethics course requirements
- The importance of ethical behavior in NAR members and non-members alike, fostering a spirit of cooperation
- History and evolution of the Code, the preamble, and the Code’s influence on state licensing laws
- Structure of the Code
- Review and application of articles 1, 2, 3, 9, 12, 15, and 16 of the NAR Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Case studies of real-life ethical challenges
- Mediation and arbitration, with arbitration as the monetary dispute resolution process between REALTORS®
- Application of Article 17 of the NAR Code of Ethics to the complaints and hearing process
- Grievance committee vs. professional standards committee
- Best practices for demonstrating ethical behavior every day
*This course meets the REALTORS® Code of Ethics Training Requirement. You’ll need to confirm with your local REALTOR association if it will accept it.