Mississippi Contract Law
Real estate licensees in Mississippi must possess a solid understanding of the Mississippi contract-related laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, as the real estate industry continues to evolve, so do the legal guidelines and practices that govern the contracts used in the industry. This course discusses Mississippi contracts, including recent changes to the forms provided by the Mississippi Association of REALTORS® to its members.
In this two-hour course, we will review Mississippi real estate contract laws and rules, and learn how to apply that information to the real-world scenarios throughout this course. These scenarios, along with fun, interactive activities, help licensees retain the information and apply it in their own careers.
Course highlights include:
- The legal requirements for a valid contract
- The essential elements of a contract
- The various types of real estate contracts and the importance of each
- The Mississippi-specific laws and rules as they relate to real estate contracts in Mississippi
- The recent amendments to the preprinted contract forms provided by the Mississippi Association of REALTORS® to its members
- Activities and examples to seal in the information and frame it in everyday context.