Michigan Continuing Education COURSE
Online: Agency in Michigan
It’s easy to get caught up in the day to day tasks and responsibilities each transaction demands, and take for granted some of the most basic concepts—like agency. But concepts that are elementary for you are often novel for consumers, particularly if they’re first time homebuyers or it’s been a while since they bought or sold property. Because the concept of agency is so integral to the practice of real estate and to the services clients expect, it's good to get back to the basics on agency best practices, as well as methods for explaining agency to consumers, ensuring they understand their representation options.
This two-hour course provides a review of topics related to agency, from basic agency relationships available in Michigan to subagency and dual agency to agency creation and termination.
- Agency classifications and relationships legal in Michigan
- Specifics of single agency
- How subagency and dual agency work in Michigan
- Informed consent for dual agency
- Designated agency and its implications on dual agency
- Creating agency in Michigan, both express and implied
- Michigan’s agency disclosure law
- Agency termination review