Maryland Continuing Education COURSE
(Ethics (D)) DL/Maryland Real Estate Code of Ethics
Ethical real estate professionals are the foundation for creating and maintaining confidence and stability in an ever-changing industry. Recognizing the need to promote ethical business practices, the Maryland Real Estate Commission maintains and enforces the Maryland Code of Ethics. Because some state licensees also are members of the National Association of REALTORS®, it’s important to also be familiar with the NAR Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
This 3-hour course offers a full review of Maryland's Code of Ethics, as well as the NAR Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. In addition, the course includes a review of the enforcement processes and penalties associated with both codes. The course also includes workplace case studies that illustrate the codes in practice and touch on such relevant matters as agency, fiduciary responsibilities, disclosures, and more.*
- The rules and obligations outlined in the Maryland Code of Ethics, as well as those outlined in the NAR Code of Ethics
- Penalties associated with state and NAR ethics violations
- How state and NAR codes of ethics are interpreted and enforced
- Mediation vs. arbitration
- Regulatory efforts to halt predatory lending and illegal property flipping
- Case studies that illustrate workplace practices and code of ethics violations
- Activities and scenarios to provide real-world context for course content
*This course was designed by The CE Shop to meet the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training Requirement. Please confirm that your local association, who administers the Code of Ethics training, will accept this course.