Florida Post-Licensing: Finance and Economics
Throughout the Florida Post-Licensing: Finance and Economics course, we will be discussing issues relating to mortgages, home equity lines of credit, credit scoring, the closing process, fraud prevention best practices, basic taxation concepts, and so much more.
As with the previous course, Florida Post-Licensing: Business Planning, this course is broken down into four separate modules. For instance:
- In Module Five, Foundations of Real Estate Finance, we will examine the history and current state of the market, as well as broadly address topics such as the major sources of mortgage loan funding and the differences associated with various loan options.
- In Module Six, From Contract to Keys: The Mortgage Process, we will take a more focused look at the mortgage loan transaction process and discuss the role of the real estate professional as it relates to this subject.
- In Module Seven, Keeping It Honest: Understanding Real Estate and Mortgage Fraud, we will continue our examination of mortgages, this time with an emphasis on the common types of fraud and how you, as an industry professional, can help your clients safeguard against fraudulent activities.
- In Module Eight, The Basics of Real Estate Taxation, we will look beyond mortgages to address some of the taxation and deductibility issues your clients are likely to face as they buy and sell residential property, engage in like-kind exchanges, and/or work from their homes.
Course highlights include:
- An overview of the current state of the real estate finance market and its impact on the real estate industry as a whole
- A discussion of the benefits and risks associated with common loan options
- A comprehensive overview of the mortgage process and your role within it
- A detailed, section-by-section examination of the 1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application
- A look at predatory lending practices, including tips on how to protect your clients
- Essential do’s and don’ts for your clients as they undergo the credit approval process
- A thorough look at the steps involved in the underwriting process
- A discussion of the common types of fraud found in the real estate industry
- Tips for protecting yourself and your clients against mortgage fraud, including a list of red flag behaviors to guard against
- Information on government initiatives designed to prevent fraud
- A look at how capital gains and losses are calculated