District of Columbia Continuing Education COURSE
As a real estate professional, you’re likely to encounter unexpected ethical dilemmas as you go about your daily business. That’s why the National Association of REALTORS® provides its members with a regularly updated Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Adopted in 1913, the Code consists of 17 Articles and supporting Standards of Practice that provide ethical principles for dealing with clients and customers, the public at large, and other REALTORS®. Of course, knowing those guidelines and understanding how to efficiently put them into practice can be two different matters.
Enter DC Ethics, revised in January 2022 and designed to meet NAR Cycle 7 requirements. In this course, you’ll review each Article, gain insight into recent changes, and discover important takeaway points you can apply to your day-to-day business dealings to ensure you’re always ethical in your business practices. Plus, you’ll walk through real-life scenarios designed to hone your ethical instincts.
In addition, you will review ethics that are particular to the District of Columbia, starting at the top with the DC Real Estate Commission and working through to the nuts and bolts of managing transactions in DC from an ethical perspective.
Course highlights include:
- A review of recent revisions and additions to the Code of Ethics
- Tips for applying the Code’s principles and guidelines to your practice
- A discussion on the benefits of mediation
- The scope of practice for each sales professional type
- Ethics at the district level
- Activities and examples to illustrate the practical application of the new information and frame it in everyday context
*This course was designed by The CE Shop to meet the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training Requirement. Please confirm that your local association, who administers the Code of Ethics training, will accept this course.