Delaware Post-Licensing COURSE
New Salesperson Module 4: Real Estate Professionalism
Ethical real estate professionals who adhere to a high set of standards serve as the foundation for ensuring confidence and stability in an uncertain marketplace. The Code of Ethics, a living document maintained by the National Association of REALTORS®, unites those devoted to raising the standards of professionalism and service in real estate.
New Salesperson Module 4: Real Estate Professionalism explores the Code of Ethics in spirit and language. Recent updates are highlighted and case studies clarify how the Code affects your everyday dealings.
Within their first 12 months of licensure, new real estate salespersons in Delaware must complete 4 modules of continuing education on the following topics: Professional Standards in Real Estate, Agreement of Sale — Buyer Representation, Real Estate Documents — Seller Representation, and Real Estate Professionalism. This 3-hour course fulfills the Real Estate Professionalism requirement.
Course highlights include:
- An emphasis on the importance of applying the highest ethical principles to your practice.
- An explanation of the origin of the NAR Code of Ethics and its influence on state ethics laws.
- Tips on what you should do to ensure you put your clients' interests first.
- Insights on how to communicate honestly and thoroughly with your clients, especially with regard to any communication pertaining to financial incentives and compensation.
- A discussion about best practices when dealing with other licensees' clients.
- Key points illustrated through case studies and real world examples.
- Numerous resources for instant application and future reference.