Delaware Post-Licensing COURSE
New Salesperson Module 4: Real Estate Professionalism
Ethical real estate professionals who adhere to a high set of standards serve as the foundation for ensuring confidence and stability in an uncertain marketplace. The Code of Ethics, a living document maintained by the National Association of REALTORS®, unites those devoted to raising the standards of professionalism and service in real estate.
New Salesperson Module 4: Real Estate Professionalism explores the Code of Ethics in spirit and language. Recent updates are highlighted and case studies clarify how the Code affects your everyday dealings.
Within their first 12 months of licensure, new real estate salespersons in Delaware must complete 4 modules of continuing education on the following topics: Professional Standards in Real Estate, Agreement of Sale — Buyer Representation, Real Estate Documents — Seller Representation, and Real Estate Professionalism. This 3-hour course fulfills the Real Estate Professionalism requirement.
Course highlights include:
- The importance of applying the highest ethical principles to your practice
- Origin of the NAR Code of Ethics and its influence on state laws
- How to communicate honestly with clients, especially with regard to financial incentives and compensation
- Best practices when dealing with other licensees' clients
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts