Missouri Salesperson Exam Prep Edge MO Real Estate Exam FAQs
Every Question You Need Answered to Get Your Real Estate License in Missouri
We're here to help answer any questions you have about getting started in the real estate industry. Getting your real estate license in Missouri is a big step, so to help we've collected and answered some frequently asked questions below.
Education/Getting Your License
How Do I Obtain a Missouri Real Estate License?
To obtain a Missouri salesperson real estate license, candidates must complete the following steps:
- Complete your pre-licensing education - First-time licensee candidates are required to take and pass two pre-licensing courses
- 48-Hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-Examination Course (Must be completed before the licensing exam)
- 24-Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course (Must be taken after the first course but can also be taken after the exam)
- Complete the course final exam
- To pass, the exam score must be 75% or higher
- Schedule and pass your licensing exam with PSI (formerly AMP)
- Complete the fingerprint requirement
- Complete the application for license
- The application can be found on the DPR Real Estate Commission.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Missouri Real Estate License?
The time it takes to get your Missouri salesperson real estate license varies per person due to the requirements that must be met; pre-licensing coursework, final exam, background check, and application processing. The most time-consuming part of getting your Missouri real estate license is completing the 72-hour pre-licensing package itself. Depending on the candidate, the background check may take some time as well. For more information on the licensing process, please click here.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Your Missouri Real Estate License?
The fixed costs involved in obtaining a Missouri salesperson real estate license include $90 for the application ($50 goes to the application fee and $40 for the original issuance of the license), $43.05 for the fingerprinting and background check fee, and $68 for the licensing examination fee. Varied costs include the tuition and fees associated with the required pre-licensing courses.
Note: These costs are subject to be changed by the state at any time.
Are the Real Estate License Requirements Different If I Am Not a Missouri Resident?
The salesperson real estate license requirements for non-Missouri residents are the same as those for Missouri residents. The pre-licensing courses, licensing exam, fingerprint and background check, and application process are the same for all candidates. For more information, please click here.
What Are the Missouri Requirements for Continuing Education?
Each real estate licensee must complete a minimum of 12 hours of real estate instruction approved by the Missouri Real Estate Commission. At least three of the 12 hours must be considered core credits in a course approved by the DPR. The remaining hours can be either approved elective or core continuing education credit.
The CE Shop offers all the continuing education credits you need for Missouri here.