Virginia Post-Licensing COURSE
Virginia Post-Licensing: Real Estate Laws and Board Regulations
Succeeding as a real estate professional requires a thorough understanding of the rules that apply to your practice. Virginia Post-Licensing: Real Estate Law and Board Regulations is a six-hour mandatory post-licensing course that focuses on a number of must-know laws and regulations.
Equipped with a thorough understanding of the laws that pertain to yourself and your clients, you’ll be better able to serve your clients, as well as protect them and yourself from lawsuits and disciplinary measures.
Specifically, the course covers laws and regulations related to the following topics:
- A review of the fiduciary duties owed to clients and customers
- A look at the disciplinary process and recent disciplinary actions determined by the Virginia Board of Real Estate
- A careful look at required agency disclosures
- A review of the Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act
- An overview of recent regulatory and legislative updates made to the Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, the Condominium Act, and the Property Owners’ Association Act
- A discussion of federal programs, including the National Flood Insurance Program and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- A deep dive into legislation and regulations relating to water in Virginia: development, use, and safety measures
- A review of RESPA and integrated disclosures
- Examples and activities to emphasize key points and concepts