Mississippi Continuing Education COURSE
Mississippi License Law
Real estate licensees in Mississippi must possess a solid understanding of the Mississippi license laws and the Mississippi Real Estate Commission's Rules and Regulations; even experienced real estate professionals can benefit from a review of these laws and rules. In addition, as the real estate industry continues to evolve, so do the legal guidelines and practices that govern the industry.
In this two-hour course, we will review Mississippi real estate license laws and rules, and learn how to apply that information to the real-world scenarios throughout this course. These scenarios, along with fun, interactive activities, help licensees retain the information and apply it in their own careers.
Course highlights include:
- The requirements (and exceptions) for nonresident licensees who wish to practice real estate in Mississippi
- Broker's price opinions, who is authorized to conduct them, and how they must be conducted
- The day-to-day tasks for which salespersons and brokers are responsible: from money-handling to recordkeeping.
- The acts that constitute violations of Mississippi's license law and regulations, and the disciplinary actions violators can face.
- Agency and property disclosures, and the appropriate timing for various disclosures
- The duties and responsibilities of a brokerage's "responsible broker"
- Activities and examples to seal in the information and frame it in everyday context