Massachusetts Continuing Education COURSE
Environmental issues for properties can derail a transaction, cause safety issues for the occupants, hinder certain uses of a property, and leave licensees open for litigation for failure to disclose, negligent representation, and anything else the lawyers can dream up.
This three-hour course helps licensees take a proactive approach to understanding what environmental issues may need to be addressed, such as testing and remediation. It also covers compliance requirements that may impact a property’s sale and subsequent use.
The course meets Massachusett’s continuing education requirement for real estate licensees to increase their knowledge and understanding of environmental issues in real estate.
This course covers:
- The relationship between caveat emptor and required disclosures
- Circumstances by which certain disclosures must be made
- Environmental hazards impacting the interior of a property
- Environmental hazards on property grounds and surrounds
- Laws and regulations related to environmental issues.