Indiana Post-Licensing COURSE
Indiana 30-Hour Post-Licensing Course
Indiana real estate licensees like you encounter many unique challenges as you work with buyers and sellers to complete successful transactions. This course will help you develop practical skills based on the knowledge you gained in your pre-license coursework. Scenarios and activities will give you plenty of opportunity to practice the skills you’ll learn in the course.
New Indiana licensees are required to complete commission set coursework during their first two years of licensure: 30 hours post license education to include six hours on real estate transactions, six hours on financing, 10 hours on business planning, sales, and marketing, five hours on negotiation and counseling skills, one hour on fair housing and diversity, and two hours on construction.
This course fulfills the 30-hour requirement per 876 Indiana Administrative Code 7-4-2, Postlicensing education required.
Course highlights include:
- Unauthorized practice of law and how to avoid it
- Agency relationships review
- Elements of a valid contract, contract formation, and contractual disputes
- Listing agreement types, components, requirements, and termination
- Purchase agreement provisions and obligations
- Required disclosures: property conditions, lead-based paint, agency relationships
- Offer presentation and response options
- Closing roles and responsibilities, earnest money, and closing documents
- Financing and lending markets, as well as the role consumer credit plays
- Business planning for successfully managing and growing your business
- Negotiation phases, principles, and best practices
- Aspects of cultural diversity and fair housing laws and stipulations
- Construction basics
- Case studies and real-world examples