Ohio Salesperson Pre-Licensing How to Become a OH Real Estate Agent
5 Steps Toward Getting Your Ohio Salesperson License
Getting licensed for your new career might seem a bit daunting, but we’re here to guide you through the process. Read on to learn the five steps you’ll need to take before starting your career in Ohio real estate.
To start, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal alien.
- Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent if you were born after 1950.
- Be honest, truthful, and of good reputation.
- Not have been convicted of a felony or crime of moral turpitude.
- Not have violated any civil rights laws regarding real estate within the last two years.
Complete 120 hours of approved Pre-Licensing education.
Successfully complete 120 clock hours of approved Pre-Licensing salesperson courses.
The CE Shop offers this mandatory course through our advanced web-based platform, where the best of the classroom is combined with the flexibility and convenience of online learning. We prepare you for your licensing exam while providing you with the knowledge you need to begin a promising career in real estate. Find out more here.
Pass the course final exams.
After you complete each course, you must pass the course final exam with a score of 70% or higher. Course completions are valid for 10 years after the date of issuance.
Select a sponsoring broker.
To be licensed, you must first be associated with a current and active Ohio sponsoring broker. It's important to find the right broker to work with, since this person will serve as your mentor as you start your new career in real estate. Here are some questions to consider during your search:
- What is their reputation, both locally and nationally?
- What kind of real estate agents are they looking for?
- Are they technologically advanced and up-to-date with the latest systems?
- How do they support their agents with education and training?
- What kind of commission structure do they offer?
- Do they offer benefits?
- Do they provide their agents with leads and marketing material?
- Is there room to grow with the brokerage?
Complete the application.
Once the division processes a complete application, your information is sent to the testing vendor, PSI. The testing vendor will process the information and send you a candidate information bulletin with instructions on scheduling your exam.
The Ohio Division of Real Estate requires a fingerprint check. Please contact the division for further information.
Pass the Ohio real estate salesperson exam.
PSI administers the Ohio real estate salesperson licensing exam. This 120-question test is comprised of two portions, covering both state and national requirements. You will have 180 minutes to complete the exam, 120 minutes to complete 80 questions for the national portion and 60 minutes for the 40 question state portion. For more information, see the PSI candidate information bulletin.
Ready to get started?
Enroll with Davis College now!
State of Ohio Certificate of Registration No. 81-02-0731B