District of Columbia Continuing Education Requirements:
|Total Hours||Mandatory||Elective Hours|
|License Renewal Period: 2 years|
District of Columbia Requirement Details for Real Estate Continuing Education
Continuing Education and License Renewal Date:
- 2/28 every odd-numbered year for Brokers and Property Managers
- 8/31 every odd-numbered year for Salespersons
Hours Required By The State: 15 hours
- 9 mandatory hours in the following topics:
- Fair Housing
- DC Ethics
- DC Legislative Updates
- 6 elective hours
Reporting: The state requires schools to report course completions within seven to ten days from the course completion date. Course completions will be reported within this time frame.
The CE Shop is an approved real estate CE School in the District of Columbia; license number 603799
The CE Shop's Offering: 12 hours
Expiration Date of Course: Course expiration dates vary by course but are generally three months after order date. Each course has an individual expiration date which is listed in your account.
Final Exams: Final exams must be passed with at least a 75% and may be taken as many times as necessary in order to pass.
Certificates: Upon completion of the course, The CE Shop will provide students with an electronic Certificate of Completion. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies. Please refer to your license renewal application to determine if you need to submit your Certificate of Completion with your license renewal request. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date of your Certificate of Completion will reflect this.
Additional Licensing Info:
License Renewal Process: The process to renew in this state is to log in to the licensing system online and follow the prompts to renew. https://www.pulseportal.com/selectStateAndBoard.do
If you do not see your CE courses on DC Pulse Portal:
- Please make sure you are viewing the "Current Period."
- Please make sure the pop-up blocker is off, as the CE transcripts open in a new window. It may take a couple of minutes for the window to open.
- Please make sure you have selected the correct license type. The default license type is Salesperson, so if you are a Broker you will only see past Salesperson courses unless you change the license type.
- There may be CE courses listed on more than one page. Please click "Next" to view each page of the CE transcripts. The most recently reported courses may not be on the first page.
- If you are a licensee with an inactive status, Pulse Portal will not display your CE credits.
- Use the official last name as reported to Pulse Portal, including the exact spelling (with or without hyphens, commas, etc.). If there has been a name change, it will not be in Pulse Portal until the licensee reports the change to Pulse Portal. A simple cover letter with a copy of a marriage certificate or other official documentation is usually what Pulse Portal requires.
- When typing in the license number:
- Include the Alpha portion of the license number with no spaces between the alpha and numeric digits.
- Use all CAPS for the alpha portion of the number, ensure that “Independent” Brokers enter a capital “I” and not a number “1” (one) or a lowercase “L."
1100 4th Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Toll Free Phone: 888.204.6192
Local Phone: 202.442.4320