Become an Agent in IN
How To Get Your Indiana Real Estate License
5 Steps Toward Getting Your Indiana Broker License
Getting your Indiana Real Estate Broker License might seem daunting, but we’re here to guide you through the process.
Read on to learn about the five steps you’ll need to complete before starting your career in Indiana real estate. To learn about how much it costs to get your real estate license, visit our Indiana Pre-Licensing pricing page.Buy your Indiana Pre-Licensing »
To start, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- What is the average IN real estate agent salary? According to indeed.com, the average full time Indiana real estate agent salary is $81,409 per year.
- How long does it take to get a real estate agent license in Indiana? Future agents who spend about 20 hours per week on coursework can be licensed in as little as 3-4 weeks.
- You can use the Indiana Real Estate Agent License Lookup Tool to verify an agent's license status.
Complete 90 hours of approved Pre-Licensing education.
Successfully complete an approved 90-hour Pre-Licensing salesperson course. Learn more about your package options here.
Pass the course final exam.
After you complete all the course materials, meet the minimum time requirement, and pass the practice exam, there is a course final exam. The minimum passing score is 75%.
Pass the Indiana Real Estate Examination.
Next, you will take the Indiana Real Estate Licensing Exam, administered by PSI. This 125-question test is comprised of two portions, covering both state and national requirements. For more information, see the PSI candidate handbook.
The Indiana Real Estate commission has announced the option of taking the licensing exam remotely instead of at a physical testing center location. PSI will still have in-person on site testing still available for those students who wish to take the exam in-person instead of online. Learn about PSI remote proctored testing in this video.
Beginning December 2, 2020, PSI has launched a remote proctoring option for IN licensing candidates. A student can schedule their exam here. For any scheduling questions or issues, please contact PSI at (855) 746-8172.
Do you need help passing your Indiana real estate exam? The CE Shop also offers comprehensive Exam Prep tailored to Indiana. If you have any additional questions, visit our Indiana real estate exam frequently asked questions page.
Select a sponsoring broker.
To be licensed, you must be associated with a current and active Indiana sponsoring broker. It's important to find the right broker to work with since this person will serve as your mentor as you start your new career in real estate. Here are some questions to consider during your search:
- What is their reputation, both locally and nationally?
- What kind of real estate agents are they looking for?
- Are they technologically advanced and up-to-date with the latest systems?
- How do they support their agents with education and training?
- What kind of commission structure do they offer?
- Do they offer benefits?
- Do they provide their agents with leads and marketing material?
- Is there room to grow with the brokerage?
Complete your real estate broker license application.
To apply for your Indiana Real Estate Broker License with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency, click here.