Residential Property Management Essentials
- An overview of property management contracts.
- A look at property types and points to consider when selecting properties.
- Tips for building a successful working relationship with property owners.
- A review of basic landlord and tenant obligations.
- Tips for screening and retaining tenants.
- A look at informal rental agreements and the risks involved.
- Tips for dealing with delinquent tenants.
- An overview of key laws, including federal fair housing guidelines and the Sherman Antitrust Act.
HOW DOES THIS HELP YOUR BUSINESS?
- Identify the different types of residential rental properties, as well as key point to consider when selecting a property.
- Understand what to look for in a property management and rental agreements.
- Efficiently deal with delinquent tenants and properly handle evictions.
- Apply proper methods for tenant screening, and understand how to avoid discriminatory rental practices.
- Correctly apply federal fair housing guidelines and exemptions in a property management situation.