Wyoming Continuing Education COURSE
21 - Agency and Contracts
The concept of agency is integral to a real estate professional's role and the type of agency relationship informs what a consumer may expect from a licensee.
This course will explain when and how an agency relationship is formed between a broker/salesman and consumer, whether buyer, seller, landlord, or tenant. It defines the types of agency relationships used in Wyoming and duties owed to clients and customers.
Upon completion of this class, students will be aware of the responsibilities and obligations that are assumed by the parties in a transaction when an agency relationship is formed.
- Agency definitions
- Customer vs. client
- Teams and agency
- Compensation and agency
- Designated and dual agency
- Intermediaries in Wyoming transactions
- Duties and responsibilities
- Unauthorized practice of law
- Agent transfer or departure, death of a broker
- Duties that survive agency termination
- State-recognized forms
- Buyer and seller representation