Wyoming Continuing Education COURSE
22 - Valuation and Finance
How is the value of property determined? Is it just based on a seller’s opinion, or is there something more to the story?
There’s a lot more to the story, and in this course you will learn exactly what. You will go see how valuation is developed, and then how financing figures in to be the capstone to the selling process.
- The basics of valuation, including the difference between price, value and cost
- Principles and forces that can affect value, and the meaning of “DUST”
- A look at the appraisal process and methods
- The Comparative Marketing Analysis (CMA)
- The CMA v. the appraisal
- A look at the difference between a CMA and a Broker Price Opinion (BPO)
- A review of financing
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts