Wisconsin Continuing Education COURSE
Course 5 - Real Estate Law and Practice in Wisconsin (2021-2022)
Once you get around the legalese and subchapters (and sub-subchapters), the law is your friend—and a veritable roadmap of “how to avoid violations.” Speaking of which, trust accounts, Section 1031 exchanges, and landlord-tenant relations are three of the areas that give licensees the most headaches (and violation accusations), so we’ll review the laws regarding them in this course.
This three-hour course provides a detailed review of the proper handling of trust funds, the tax law and parameters of the Section 1031 exchange, and an overview of Wisconsin landlord-tenant law.
Course highlights include:
- Client and non-client funds
- Establishing trust accounts and trust account records
- Trust fund disbursement
- Basic principles of IRS Section 1031
- Qualifications for a 1031 exchange
- WB-35 Simultaneous Exchange Agreement form
- Wisconsin rental agreements and leases
- Landlord and tenant representation
- Security deposit guidelines
- Lease termination and notices