Wisconsin Continuing Education COURSE
Course 4 - Wisconsin Risk Reduction Through Professionalism (2021 - 2022)
The need to ethically serve your clients and customers is a requirement that’s so essential that it’s been woven into the very fabric of the Wisconsin Administrative Code and Wisconsin Statutes. The duties and responsibilities that you owe to consumers also make up the foundation of the National Association of REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. You shepherd your clients through a complicated, life-changing purchase with high financial stakes. And then, you do even more. You champion their best interests and safeguard the most personal details of their lives. Demonstrating high ethical standards is the hallmark of professionalism and can set you apart from your competitors.
This three-hour course reviews some of the most crucial elements of any ethically sound real estate practice to better protect consumers from fair housing violations and other unethical real estate practices.
Course highlights include:
- Responsibilities of firms and licensees related to supervision of real estate practice
- Property defects and the role of the home inspector, seller, buyer, and licensee
- Third-party inspections and investigations
- Firm association and independent practice
- Utilizing unlicensed personal assistances in your business
- State and federal laws regarding sexual harassment
- Guidelines for fair housing practices and avoiding prohibited actions
- Affordable housing and health equity considerations