Wisconsin Continuing Education COURSE
Course 4 - Wisconsin Real Estate Ethics and Consumer Protection (makeup credit only)
The importance of ethically serving your clients and customers is so essential that it’s been woven into the very fabric of the Wisconsin Administrative Code and Wisconsin Statutes. But not every situation is clear-cut.
What if your seller client “forgets” about the fact he repainted the bedroom ceiling to cover up water stains and doesn’t disclose the information? What if you’ve got a bad cold when you walk through your new seller client’s home and don’t notice the slight-but-ever-so-distinct mildew smell in the basement? What if your client with an emotional service animal falls in love with a unit in a no-pets building? What if you’re working from your home office and notice that your computer’s been hacked—who do you call? (Hint: It’s not the ghostbusters!)
This three-hour course helps you untangle ethical ambiguities and provides you with a comprehensive review of property disclosure requirements, misrepresentation missteps, fair housing guidelines, and security protection measures.
- Disclosure responsibilities related to material adverse facts and material facts
- Property defects and the role of the home inspector, seller, buyer, and licensee
- Third-party inspections and investigations
- Avoiding misrepresentation in marketing materials
- Differences between service animals and emotional support animals
- State and federal laws regarding reasonable accommodations and modifications
- Guidelines for creating a comprehensive data security policy
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts