Course 3: Wisconsin New Developments
Very recently, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signed 2015 Wis. Act 258, formerly AB 456/SB 375, and, in doing so, ushered in a number of substantial changes sure to impact your daily real estate practice. Wisconsin New Developments, a three-hour mandatory course, provides a close look at a number of these changes, including the creation of an independent contractor safe harbor, a reduced statute of limitations under which real estate licensees can be sued, the elimination of real estate apprenticeships, and much more.
Course highlights include:
- An overview of new updates to state forms, including the WB-1 Residential Listing Contract – Exclusive Right to Sell and the WB-42 Amendment to Listing Contract
- A detailed discussion of recent changes to Chapter 452 of the statutes, including updates to licensure, education, broker supervision, and more.
- A look at an attorney general opinion on foreign land ownership.
- A review of recent disciplinary decisions handed down by the board.
- Activities and examples to illustrate the practical application of the new information and frame it in everyday context.