Course 2: Wisconsin Approved Offers to Purchase
This course is approved for continuing education for the 12/15/14-12/14/16 biennium.
Making an offer and negotiating the details can be a hectic, anxious time for buyers and sellers alike. As a real estate professional, your ability to stay calm during this exciting time and to offer knowledgeable guidance and support to your clients can make all the difference in the world. This three-hour course explores the central topics associated with offers to purchase to help ensure that you’re well-informed on all the major issues.
Course highlights include:
- A comprehensive look at the WB-11 Residential Offer to Purchase form and its key clauses and provisions
- A discussion of how to properly work with approved forms, including the WB-46 Multiple Counter-Proposal and WB-44 Counter-Offer
- Tips for working on “as-is” transactions, including a review of your disclosure obligations
- A close examination of the differences between an option, acceptance, and binding acceptance, and what your requirements are at each stage
- A look at titles, including methods of transfer and title insurance
- A review of the proper methods for incorporating addenda into an offer to purchase
- Details on how to correctly use financing and appraisal contingencies with an offer to purchase
- Tips for using the WB-45 Cancellation Agreement and Mutual Release to direct the disbursement of earnest money
- A look at how at how properly using real estate condition reports can protect your clients—and yourself—from future risks