Course 1: Wisconsin State Approved Listing Contracts
This course is approved for continuing education for the 12/15/14-12/14/16 biennium.
As any real estate professional who has ever been involved in selling a property can attest, listing contracts are essential for setting the stage for a successful working relationship with clients and customers. This three-hour course explores the central topics associated with listing contracts used to hire real estate professionals and market properties.
Course highlights include:
- A comprehensive look at the WB-1 Residential Listing Contract—Exclusive Right to Sell Listing form and its key clauses and provisions
- An overview of the most common types of listing agreements, including exclusive right to sell, exclusive agency, open, one-party, and net listings, and how they differ from one another
- Details on how to legally use e-mail as a vehicle for contract delivery, as well as an overview of the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act and Wisconsin’s E-Commerce Law
- A look at multiple representation relationships, designated agency, and subagency
- An overview of various marketing strategies for promoting listings, as well as tips for ensuring that your advertisements always follow state laws
- A discussion on copyrights and Regulation Z guidelines