Wisconsin Continuing Education COURSE
Course 1: Wisconsin Listing Contracts (makeup credit only)
This three-hour course explores the central topics associated with listing contracts.
Consumers are often confused when it comes to determining which items convey in a sale, and which items remain on the property. Similarly, seller disclosure is an often misunderstood aspect of listing a property. It’s the listing agent's duty to inform the public, as well as their clients and customers, about such matters. This not only helps transactions go more smoothly; it also cuts down on negotiation derailment and post-transaction litigation.
This course meets Wisconsin’s mandatory requirement for the Course 1 – Listing Contracts course.
- Listing agent inspection and disclosure obligations, as well as seller representation regarding defects, as outlined in Wisconsin law and the WB-1 listing contract
- Wisconsin’s real estate condition report
- Wisconsin real estate advertising guidelines, including required disclosures and tips for avoiding false advertising
- Marketing personal property in Wisconsin, as outlined in the WB-11 offer to purchase
- Real property vs. personal property
- Negotiating for the sale of personal property in Wisconsin
- Included/not included items (as outlined in the WB-1 and WB-11)