Washington Post-Licensing COURSE
Preparing a Market Analysis - Best Practices
Whether for a buyer or seller, the comparative market analysis, properly done, can mean several thousands extra dollars in their pockets, and can determine whether a deal can be struck at all. But because it’s such a well-worn tool, it’s tempting for a licensee to get complacent with the CMA, and “phone it in.”
Don’t be that licensee!
This course covers the how-tos of a professionally researched comparative market analysis.
- The three-step approach to market analyses: the market, the property, the numbers
- Sources for subject property data and market data
- Using expired and active listings to inform pricing strategy
- How to prioritize criteria when selecting comparables
- How to adjust and homogenize selected comparables
- How to weight selected comparables when selecting a list price range