Virginia Post-Licensing COURSE
Virginia Post-Licensing: Real Estate Law and Board Regulations
Succeeding as a real estate professional requires a thorough understanding of the rules that apply to your practice. This eight-hour course focuses on a number of must-know laws and regulations. Equipped with this knowledge, you will be better able to serve your clients, as well as protect them and yourself from lawsuits and disciplinary measures.
Specifically, the course covers laws and regulations related to the following topics:
- Fiduciary duties owed to clients and customers
- Appraisals and comparative market analyses
- HUD-1 and RESPA requirements
- Trust fund handling
- Lending practices
- Flood Insurance (required as of 2016)
In Virginia, new salespersons must complete eight post-licensing courses on state-approved topics, adding up to 30 hours of education. Virginia Post-Licensing: Real Estate Laws and Regulations is one of eight courses offered by The CE Shop to fulfill the state's post-licensing requirements.
Course highlights include:
- A review of the fiduciary duties owed to clients and customers.
- Information about the rules that apply to appraisals.
- Advice on how to create a well-researched competitive market analysis.
- A detailed description of the closing process, with a focus on the steps you, as a licensee, need to take to assist clients in successfully completing real estate transactions.
- A discussion about the rules that apply to the handling of trust funds.
- An explanation of the laws that apply to lending practices.
- Tips for protecting your clients against predatory lenders.
- Examples and activities to emphasize key points and concepts.