Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
1 Hr. Virginia Agency Law
Whether you are acting as a listing agent, buyer’s agent, or dual agent, trust, loyalty, and respect are essential qualities in building a strong and lasting relationship with your clients. From maintaining client confidentiality to ensuring proper disclosure throughout a transaction, you are required to look out for your client’s best interests, as well as the interests of the other parties involved. In order to successfully fulfill your obligations, then, you must have a firm understanding of the legal and ethical standards to which you, as an industry professional, are being held.
This one-hour course, which meets the Real Estate Agency CE requirement for all renewing salespeople and brokers, provides a summary and review of Virginia’s rules and regulations specific to agency relationships.
Course highlights include:
- A comprehensive look at the legal and ethical responsibilities of listing and buyer’s agents
- An examination of commonly used contracts and agreements, including listing agreements (Exclusive Right to Sell, Exclusive Agency, and Open Listing) and buyer/broker agreements
- A discussion of the legal and ethical responsibilities of rental listing agents and leasing agents
- A thorough examination of the differences between dual agency and designated dual agency
- A discussion of limited service agencies (LSAs) and the duties they are required by law to provide
- An assortment of activities to help reinforce in the information in these lessons