Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
2 Hr. Virginia Fair Housing
Licensees who understand the guidelines of the Fair Housing Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and related laws are better able to provide customers, clients, and communities with quality, professional service.
This two-hour Virginia Fair Housing course, which meets the fair housing CE requirement for all renewing salespersons and brokers, covers the Fair Housing Act and state fair housing law.
Course highlights include:
- Classes protected under federal and state fair housing laws
- Guidelines for avoiding discriminatory advertising practices against any protected classes
- Actions that are prohibited under federal and state fair housing laws
- Different types of discrimination seen in real estate
- Red-flag behavior patterns that may signal discriminatory practices
- Case studies that demonstrate violations of fair housing laws and related court decisions
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts