Utah Continuing Education COURSE
Current Issues and Trends in Real Estate
Sexual harassment. The impact of new tax laws. The affordable housing crisis. Discrimination claims over emotional support animals. You can't tune into the news without hearing about one or more of these issues, and each has implications in your business.
This course covers how the Tax Reform Act affects home ownership deductions, how the emotional support and assistance animals cause issues of fair housing landlord-tenant law, how claims of sexual discrimination and harassment harm property owners, property managers, brokerages, and reputations, and how the affordable housing crisis impacts the socio-economic landscape of the U.S. More important, it offers best practices and solutions for licensees and their clients.
- How to avoid claims of sexual harassment and sexual discrimination
- Implications of tax changes introduced in 2018, particularly SALT taxes, mortgage interest deductions, and home equity financing
- A look at the affordable housing crisis in America, and solutions for housing and financing
- How to distinguish between service animals and emotional support animals and how the concept of “reasonable accommodation” applies to fair housing law
- Activities and scenarios to provide real-world context for course content