Texas Post-Licensing COURSE
TX Legal Update Part II (2022-2023)
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) Legal Update I and II courses are four hours of curriculum each. This online course, Legal Update II, includes three main topics: the Canons of Professional Ethics and Conduct, water and mineral rights in Texas, and ad valorem tax best practices and guidelines.
This four-hour course reinforces the ethical and fiduciary duties license holders owe to consumers, and emphasizes the legal limitations to a real estate license, and the importance to refer consumers to licensed, experienced professionals when a topic is outside their area of expertise.
Course highlights include:
- The canons of fidelity, integrity, and competency
- Geographic competency
- Intermediary status
- Multiple offers
- Use of the Seller’s Disclosure Notice
- Copyrighted surveys
- Water and mineral rights in Texas
- Ad valorem taxes in Texas
- Special considerations regarding taxes
- Tax prorations and rollbacks