Texas Continuing Education COURSE
Legal Update II (2018-2019)
It is critical for real estate license holders to be knowledgeable in the laws and ethics involved in client and customer relationships, contracts, and requirements—and the issues that can occur when there is a lack of understanding of these topics. This course includes a comprehensive discussion about the various laws and regulations affecting the practice of real estate. Scenarios and case studies are woven into the material to illustrate the practical applications of these legal requirements, as well as show the ramifications when a license holder is not in compliance with them.
Course highlights include:
- The ethics requirements for engaging in real estate brokerage in Texas, reviewing some of the relevant canons of the Texas Administrative Code.
- Discussion about fair housing law and anti-discrimination standards.
- Highlights from agency law, with particular focus on intermediary representation.
- Insights on TREC’s real estate recovery funds including the process for filing a claim for reimbursement and how payment impacts license holders.
- Review of hot topics, including use of unlicensed assistants, handling multiple offers, rebate issues, brokers/agents acting as a principal in a transaction, and coming soon advertisements.
- Highlights from court cases involving copyright infringement, breach of contract and defamation.
- Frequent interactive activities to highlight key points and ensure understanding of course material.
- Examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context.