Texas Continuing Education COURSE
Legal Update I (2018-2019)
It is critical for real estate license holders to be knowledgeable in the laws and ethics involved in client and customer relationships, contracts, and requirements—and the issues that can occur when there is a lack of understanding of these topics. This course includes a comprehensive discussion about the various laws and regulations affecting the practice of real estate. Scenarios and case studies are woven into the material to illustrate the practical applications of these legal requirements, as well as show the ramifications when a license holder is not in compliance with them.
Course highlights include:
- Statutory changes to various laws including equity interests, ownership, and advertising.
- Highlights from TREC rules, including updates and new, recently adopted rules.
- Overview of legislative changes affecting leasing/property management.
- Review of the ins and outs of leasing.
- Discussion of reasonable accommodation and applicability to no pets policy.
- Legislative changes and case studies related to sales transactions.
- Comprehensive review of promulgated contract and addendum forms, including updates and amendments.
- Review of condominium contracts, farm and ranch contracts, and differences and comparisons with one-to-four family residential contracts.
- Frequent interactive activities to highlight key points and ensure understanding of course material.
- Examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context.