Texas Continuing Education COURSE
TX Legal Update Part I (2022-2023)
Texas real estate license holders should be conversant with the latest laws and standard practice updates that impact the real estate industry in Texas. This course comprises a comprehensive discussion about various laws, regulations, and guidelines directly affecting license holders’ practice of real estate. Scenarios and case studies are woven throughout the content to illustrate practical applications of pertinent points, as well as consequences when a license holder fails to comply.
This four-hour course provides license holders with a strong foundation in the latest legal and ethical procedures. Without such, license holders can place themselves—and their clients—in risky circumstances.
Course highlights include:
- Key TREC rule updates
- How license holders can get involved in the rulemaking process
- Licensing related bills that were passed during the 87th Texas legislative session
- Important changes to promulgated forms of which license holders need to be aware, including provisions related to accessories, leases, earnest money and options, and escrow
- New contract addenda and substantive changes to current addenda
- Best practices related to back-up offers, appraisal addendum issues, and escalation clauses
- Fair housing, discrimination, and fair housing investigations
- Property management issues, particularly related to legislative changes and reasonable accommodation and modification