South Dakota Post-Licensing COURSE
Sign Here: Contract Law on E-Signatures
Electronic transactions and e-signatures can give you the competitive edge you need to attract new business, better serve existing clients, and improve your bottom line.
This course provides you with a comprehensive understanding of how national and international laws define an electronic signature, how e-signature technology is currently being used by real estate professionals, and how you can use it in your day-to-day transactions. Additionally, this course looks at the use of e-mail to conduct negotiations and at several real-life case studies currently affecting how you do business.
Course highlights include:
- A look at what it takes to make an e-mail a legally binding agreement, including a discussion of the “mirror image” rule
- Tips for ensuring that your e-mail communications remain blunder free
- A discussion of the pros and cons of e-mail disclaimers and how much protection they really provide users
- A look at how e-signatures are becoming more and more commonplace in the real estate industry, with institutions like the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and mortgage giants like Freddie Mac accepting e-signatures and the National Association of REALTORS® partnering with DocuSign, an e-signature provider
- A detailed discussion of several national and international e-signature laws, including the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA), and EU Directive 1999/93/EC
- A review of several precedent-setting case studies and their influence on the use of electronic negotiations in the real estate industry
- An examination of the financial and practical benefits of using e-signature technology
- Tips for selecting an e-signature technology that fits your needs as a busy real estate agent
- A description of the crucial security features and authentication methods to look for in an e-signature software
- Tips for successfully integrating e-signature technology into your day-to-day business transactions