South Dakota Post-Licensing COURSE
Commercial Landlord Representation
Landlord representatives usually referred to as “leasing agents” or “leasing brokers,” serve a key role in commercial real estate: getting tenants for their clients’ buildings. Accomplishing that goal is a lengthy, multi-step process that includes positioning the product in the marketplace, identifying suitable prospects, creating and executing marketing plans, negotiating the deal, and managing all of the steps associated with the leasing process. Landlord reps must have their fingers on the pulse of their market. A thorough knowledge of tenant demographics, occupancy rates, leasing rates, and industry trends is essential. Beyond technical expertise, however, they must also be adept at relationship building, and must know how to coalesce the varying needs of tenants, landlords and leasing brokers into workable, win-win-win deals.
This course provides an overview of commercial leasing, the players involved in commercial leasing, their roles and goals.
Course highlights include:
- An analysis of the commercial real estate market as it stands today
- A description of the in-house and external landlord reps, and why landlords choose to work with landlord reps
- A survey of a panel of six landlord representatives who have a combined total of nearly 200 years of experience in commercial real estate
- A look at additional training, accreditation and associations for commercial real estate professionals
- A comparison of different types of commercial leases
- An overview of the tenant build-out process
- A timeline with activities for landlord reps from hire to full execution of a commercial leasing listing contract
Ed Riggins, Senior Vice President with Cresa Atlanta, assisted in the development of Commercial Landlord Representation, serving as the course's subject matter expert. Ed is a Life Member of the Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS®, and he's among less than 1% of practitioners nationally to hold both the SIOR and CCIM designations. www.edriggins.com