South Carolina Continuing Education COURSE
2020-2022 South Carolina Core: A Walk Through the Law
Lace up your walking shoes and prepare to embark on an excursion through South Carolina’s real estate license law! From thorny topics to safe shores, you’ll stretch more than just your legs: How about your knowledge on what keeps your license safe, and what places it in jeopardy? The 2020-2022 South Carolina Core: A Walk Through the Law course addresses topics ranging from how to research your most pressing license law-related questions to what happens if a complaint is made against you and investigated, along with a refresher on multiple topics in between.
This four-hour course helps you comply with license laws, which also benefits consumers who are parties to a South Carolina real estate transaction.
This course meets South Carolina's mandatory core course requirement.
Course highlights include:
- An introduction to the state’s real estate license law “trails and maps”
- Refresher on key terms and definitions for interpreting license laws
- Real estate commission powers and duties
- Background checks and when they’re required
- Broker-in-charge duties and adequate supervision requirements
- Associated licensee duties
- Offer and counter-offer management
- Teams as dual agent, team naming requirements, and advertising guidelines
- “Substantive” contact defined
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts