Nevada Continuing Education COURSE
Nevada Legal Updates (NV Law & Legislation)
Every two years, Nevada legislators convene to approve, deny, and amend bills that impact real estate professionals. The latest legislative session covered a wide range of bills affecting many aspects of real estate.
This three-hour course addresses key pieces of legislation from the 2019 Legislative Session, reviews disclosure requirements and provides a review and update on federal and state laws pertaining to real estate practice. It meets Nevada’s mandatory requirement for CE on Law and Legislative topics.
Course highlights include:
- Legislative changes impacting licensee advertising, nicknames, and educational requirements
- Changes impacting common interest communities
- Updates to landlord tenant laws
- Disclosure law in Nevada impacting licensees, sellers, and common interest communities
- Updates to federal fair housing law including hoarding as a disability, HUD’s position on blanket tenant screening for criminal records, group homes, assistance animals, sexual orientation as a federally protected class, and proposals to add source of income and military status to the federally protected classes
- An update on the National Flood Insurance Program
- Federal laws that govern data security and prospecting
- Nevada’s amended consumer privacy rule
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts