Mississippi Continuing Education COURSE
Breaking Barriers: Fair Housing
On the heels of the 50-year anniversary of the Fair Housing Act, we review the evolution of fair housing law and look at new and proposed fair housing protections.
Fair housing law evolves as new types of discrimination reach legislative awareness. Licensees have a responsibility to stay informed to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local fair housing laws.
- Recent case studies in fair housing violations
- Regulatory changes relating to fair housing
- How to ensure fair housing compliance in advertising
- How sexual orientation and criminal record screening apply to fair housing
- Two proposed additions to the list of seven federally protected classes
- A deep look at the protected class most often named in fair housing complaints: disability, including how service animals, emotional support animals, hoarding, drug addiction, obesity, smoking, and alcoholism relate
- A glimpse into the future of fair housing law