Minnesota Continuing Education COURSE
7/1/19-6/30/20 Salesperson & Broker Required Module - Agency, Fair Housing, and Energy Efficiency
Today’s complex real estate transactions are full of challenges of which real estate professionals need to be knowledgeable to guide their clients.
This 3.75-hour, general module course offers a comprehensive look at agency, fair housing guidelines, and energy efficiency. Consumers need to understand the nature of the relationship they have with you, the real estate professional, and whether or not their interests are being represented, and how. Additionally, you need to be familiar with the federal Fair Housing Act and Minnesota Human Rights Act, and know and understand the reason behind prohibited acts, as well as other potential areas for discrimination so that all consumers are treated fairly and within their rights. Last, an overview of energy efficiency will address aspects of green properties so you can properly guide clients through this possible segment of a real estate transaction.
There is one 3.75-hour module course that both salespersons and brokers must complete. Completion of this course will also satisfy the one hour broker module requirement. There is no separate broker module course for 2019-2020.
Course highlights include:
- Foundations and history of agency law
- Disclosure requirements pertaining to agency relationships
- Risk management aspects of agency relationships, including prohibited acts
- Minnesota Human Rights Act
- Disability and assistance animals
- Green and energy efficiency topics, including what makes a home green
- Home energy assessments
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context